Skip to main content

Congregation Machzikei Hadas

2310 Virginia Dr.   Map (link is external)

Exterior view of a large red brick building built in the 1970s.

Congregation Machzikei Hadas is a synagogue with a proud history. In 1907, the congregation first began offering services in a Murray Street apartment. In 1923, it moved to the corner of Murray and King Edward Avenue, and in 1973, relocated to the Alta Vista area of Ottawa. In July 2019, it will celebrate 100 years since its incorporation. It is the first synagogue in the history of the Commonwealth to be granted a Coat of Arms. Please pre-register at www.cmhottawa.com/events. Photo ID is required at the door.

Open Hours
    Sunday, June 2, 2019 - 10:00 to 16:00
Building Features
    New Building
    Public Washrooms
    Disabled Access
    Free Parking
    Bike Parking
    Family Friendly
    OC Transpo Nearby
    Guided Tour Available
    Pre-Registration
Website