Skip to main content

Wallis House

589 Rideau St.   Map (link is external)

Exterior photo of the beige coloured five-storey former hospital built in 1873 that is now a high-end condo building.

Wallis House is a designated Heritage building originally built as the Carleton County Protestant General Hospital in 1873. The hospital closed in 1924 and the building then had several uses until it was abandoned and left vacant for several years. In 1994 it was purchased and restoration began, culminating in the successful completion of 47 high-end residential condominiums in 1996.

Open Hours
    Saturday, June 1, 2019 - 10:00 to 16:00
    Sunday, June 2, 2019 - 10:00 to 16:00
Building Features
    Shuttle
    OC Transpo Nearby
    Guided Tour Available
Website