11 APRIL 2012
AGRICULTURE AND RURAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE REPORT 17
1. ZONING – 5582 MANOTICK MAIN STREET
ZONAGE – 5582, RUE MANOTICK MAIN
That Council approve an amendment to the Zoning By-law 2008-250 to change the zoning of 5582 Manotick Main Street from Village Residential First Density, Subzone P (V1P) to Village Residential First Density, Subzone P Exception [XXXr] (V1P[XXXr]) as shown in Document 1 and as detailed in Document 3.
COMMUNITY AND PROTECTIVE SERVICES COMMITTEE REPORT 13A
2. COMMEMORATIVE NAMING COMMITTEE PROPOSAL – KRISTINA KISS PARK AND SOCCER FIELD
PROPOSITION DU COMITÉ SUR LES DÉNOMINATIONS COMMÉRORATIVES – PARC ET TERRAIN DE SOCCER KRISTINA-KISS
That Council approve the proposal to name a park, located at 100 Akerson Road, as “Kristina Kiss Park and Soccer Field.”
4. WINTHROP COURT - GREEN SPACE PORTION OF THE PROPERTY BEHIND FIRE STATION 22 AT 1397 RICHMOND ROAD BE DEDICATED AS A PARK
COUR WINTHROP - D’ATTRIBUER LA DÉSIGNATION DE PARC À L’ESPACE VERT SITUÉ DERRIÈRE LA CASERNE DE POMPIERS NO 22, AU 1397, CHEMIN RICHMOND
That Council approve that the green space portion of the property behind Fire Station 22 at 1397 Richmond Road be dedicated as a park.
FINANCE AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE REPORT 19
2. 2012 CITY OF OTTAWA MUNICIPAL ACCESSIBILITY PLAN (COMAP) UPDATE REPORT
MISE À JOUR DU RAPPORT SUR LE PLAN D’ACCESSIBILITÉ MUNICIPAL DE LA VILLE D’OTTAWA (PAMVO) 2012
1. Receive for information the 2011-2012 City of Ottawa Municipal Accessibility Plan (COMAP) report;
2. Approve the 2012-2016 City of Ottawa Municipal Accessibility Plan as outlined in this report;
3. Approve the City of Ottawa Accessibility Policy to replace the Standards for Accessible Customer Service policy;
4. Approve the Accessible Formats and Communication Supports Procedures in lieu of the Multiple Formats Policy; and,
5. Approve the Accessibility Impacts Checklist as outlined in this report.
3. 2011 YEAR END MFIPPA REPORT - SUMMARY
RAPPORT DE FIN D'ANNÉE SUR L'APPLICATION DE LA LAIMPVP - SOMMAIRE 2011
That Council receive this report for information.
4. CONSERVATION AUTHORITIES - 2012 LEVIES
PRÉLÈVEMENTS 2012 DES OFFICES DE PROTECTION DE LA NATURE
That Council approve the 2012 levies as presented in Document 1 for the following:
1. Rideau Valley Conservation Authority;
2. South Nation Conservation Authority; and
3. Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority.
5. 2012 BUDGETS AND SPECIAL LEVIES FOR BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT AREAS AND SPARKS STREET MALL AUTHORITY
BUDGETS DE 2012 POUR LES ZONE D’AMÉLIORATION COMMERCIAL ET L’ADMINISTRATION DU MAIL DE LA RUE SPARKS
1. That Council approve the 2012 budgets and special levies, as presented in Document 1, for the following:
Bank Street BIA
Bells Corners BIA
ByWard Market BIA
Carp Road Corridor BIA
Sparks Street BIA
Sparks Street Mall Authority
Somerset Village BIA
Somerset Chinatown BIA
Wellington West BIA
2. That Council enact the BIA levy by-laws and the Sparks Street Mall Authority by-law for the BIAs and mall authority listed in Recommendation 1 once the 2012 tax ratios are approved by Council.
6. REPORT ON BUDGET EXPENSES PURSUANT TO ONTaRIO REGULATION 284/09
Rapport sur les dépenses budgétaires conformément au règlement de l’ONtario 284/09
That Council receive this report for information.
7. PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP FOR NEW ARENA FACILITY IN SHEFFORD PARK
Partenariat pUBLIC-PRIVé pour un nouvel aréna au parc SHEFFORD
That Council approve that staff initiate a P3 Process for the financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance of a multi-pad arena in Shefford Park as described in this report.
8. BROWNFIELDS PROPERTY TAX ASSISTANCE/ REHABILITATION GRANT APPLICATION – UNITRIN DEVELOPMENTS Inc. AND Triform DEVELOPMENTS INC. – 280 – 300 wEST HUNT CLUB ROAD (FILE NO. F18-04-11-UNIT)
demande d’allègement de l’impôt foncier et de subvention pour la remise en valeur des friches industrielles – Unitrin Developments Inc. et Triform Developments Inc. – 280–300, rue HUNT CLUB OUEST (dossier no F18-04-11-UNIT)
That Council approve:
1. The Brownfields Property Tax Assistance/Rehabilitation Grant Application submitted by Unitrin Developments Inc. and Triform Developments Inc., owners of the property at 280-300 West Hunt Club Road, for a Brownfields Property Tax Assistance and Brownfields Rehabilitation Grant not to exceed $4,579,511.00 payable as a property tax rebate or equivalent to Unitrin Developments Inc. and Triform Developments Inc. over a maximum of eight years subject to the establishment of, and in accordance with, the terms and conditions of the Brownfields Property Tax Assistance/Rehabilitation Grant Agreement;
2. Delegation of authority to the Deputy City Manager, Planning and Infrastructure, to execute a Brownfields Property Tax Assistance/Rehabilitation Grant Agreement with Unitrin Developments Inc. and Triform Developments Inc. establishing the terms and conditions governing the payment of the Brownfields Property Tax Assistance/Rehabilitation Grant for 280-300 West Hunt Club Road to the satisfaction of the Deputy City Manager, Planning and Infrastructure, the City Clerk and Solicitor and the City Treasurer;
3. An exemption for the proposed redevelopment at 280-300 West Hunt Club Road from paying future Municipal development charges up to a maximum of $2,029,651.00 under Section 7 of the South Urban Centre Stormwater Development Charges By-law, 2009 in accordance with the Guideline for the Development Charge Reduction Program due to Site Contamination approved by Council March 28, 2007 and included in the $4,579,511.00 grant request as outlined in Recommendation 1 above;
4. The enactment of a property tax assistance by-law providing tax assistance for the property at 280-300 West Hunt Club Road in the form of conditional cancellation and/or deferral of the increase in the taxes levied on the property for municipal purposes under the provisions and requirements of Section 365.1, as amended, of the Municipal Act with the amount not to exceed $4,579,511.00 subject to the terms and conditions of the Brownfields Property Tax Assistance/Rehabilitation Grant Agreement; and
5. Staff to apply for matching property education tax assistance for the property at 280-300 West Hunt Club Road under the Provincial Brownfields Financial Tax Incentive Program or through any other replacement program administered by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing.
10. Application for APPROVAL TO EXPROPRIATE LANDS
DEMANDE D’APPROBATION D’EXPROPRIATION
That Council approve the application for approval to expropriate lands pursuant to Section 4 of the Expropriations Act, that are required to facilitate:
1. The widening and construction of Trim Road, between North Service Road and Innes Road;
2. The widening and construction of St. Joseph Boulevard/Old Montreal Road, between Highway 174 Ramp 45 and the Cardinal Creek Bridge;
3. The widening and construction of Tenth Line Road, between Vanguard Drive and the South Urban Boundary;
4. The widening and construction of Jockvale Road, between Paul Métivier Drive and Cambrian Road;
5. The construction of the intersection of Eagleson Road and Fernbank Road; and
6. The protection of a section of land required for Rapid Transit Network identified on Official Plan Schedule D, being part of 855 Carling Avenue.