Ottawa Public Library Board
October 15, 2012
TOPIC: IN CAMERA
Moved by Trustee Bergeron, seconded by Trustee Zeidan to move in camera to discuss personal matters about an identifiable individual and to discuss a proposed or pending acquisition or disposition of land by the board.
TOPIC: RETURN TO OPEN SESSION
Moved by Trustee Thompson, seconded by Trustee Bergeron to return to open session at 17:07.
TOPIC: ORDER OF FRIENDSHIP
Doc #C1: Order of Friendship
Moved by Trustee Zeidan, seconded by Trustee Bergeron that Jana Folta, long-time volunteer and community supporter, be awarded the Ottawa Public Library Order of Friendship in recognition of her volunteer work and commitment to the Ruth E. Dickinson Branch of the Ottawa Public Library.
TOPIC: APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA
That the Ottawa Public Library Board approve the agenda as presented.
TOPIC: CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
Doc #2: Confirmation of Minutes: September 10, 2012
That the Ottawa Public Library Board approve the minutes dated September 10, 2012 as presented.
TOPIC: APPROVAL OF CONSENT ITEMS
That the Ottawa Public Library Board approve the following on consent:
- Doc #4: October 15/12: Governance and Audit Committee Report
- Doc #5: October 15/12: Ontario Library Association (OLA) Conference
And to receive the following reports:
- Doc #7: October 15/12: Chief Executive’s Report
- Doc #8: October 15/12: 2012 Ottawa Public Library Board Work Plan Mid-
- Doc #9: October 15/12: 2012 Strategic Work Plan Mid-Year Review
- Doc #10: October 15/12: Revisions to Performance Reporting
- Doc #11: October 15/12: 2012 Calendar of Reports, Outstanding Inquiries,
Motions and Unscheduled Reports
- Doc #12: October 15/12: Monitoring Report: A.8 Communication & Counsel
to the Board
- Doc #13: October 15/12: Monitoring Report: A.27 Municipal Freedom of
Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA)
- Doc #14: October 15/12: Q3 Financial Report
TOPIC: 2013 OPL DRAFT OPERATING & CAPITAL BUDGET AND ESTIMATES AND NINE YEAR CAPITAL FORECAST
Doc #3: 2013 OPL Draft Operating & Capital Budget and Estimates and Nine Year Capital Forecast
That the Ottawa Public Library (OPL) Board receive and table the 2013 Draft Operating and Capital Budget Estimates for consideration at a subsequent meeting of the Board, to be held on 19 November, 2012; and
That the 2013 OPL Draft Operating and Capital Budget Estimates be tabled with City Council for consideration at its meeting of October 24, 2012; and
That the OPL Board receive the Nine-Year Capital Forecast for information.
TOPIC: TEMPORARY BOOKMOBILE SERVICE
Doc #6: Temporary Bookmobile Service at Chapman Mills Public School
That a temporary bookmobile stop be added to serve Chapman Mills Public School from October 22, 2012 to March 25, 2013.
That the Ottawa Public Library Board meeting adjourn at 6:21 p.m.