THE REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF OTTAWA-CARLETON
DISPOSITION OF COMMITTEE REPORTS TO COUNCIL
19 JANUARY 1998
CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER’S REPORT
1. OTTAWA-CARLETON DISASTER RELIEF COMMITTEE
It is recommended to Council that:
1. formally request the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing to recommend to the Lieutenant Governor in Council that the Regional Municipality of Ottawa-Carleton be declared a disaster area for the purposes of the Ontario Disaster Relief Assistance Program;
2. an Ottawa-Carleton Disaster Relief Committee be struck, consisting of up to 18 members;
3. the members to be appointed to the Ottawa-Carleton Disaster Relief Committee be those listed on Annex "A" to this report plus up to 7 members;
4. Council request the Lieutenant Governor in Council to provide financial assistance beyond the Ontario Disaster Relief Assistance Program Guidelines; and
5. Council request the Lieutenant Governor in council to provide financial assistance in respect of losses incurred by public entities.
The above recommendations were carried as amended with the following members being appointed to the Disaster Relief Committee:
ALL BY-LAWS ENACTED AND PASSED.