DISPOSITION OF REPORTS TO PLANNING AND ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE
27 JUNE 2000
NOTES: 1. Underlining indicates a new or amended recommendation approved by Committee.
2. Reports requiring Council consideration will be presented to Council on 12 July 2000 in Planning and Environment Committee Report Number 60 (unless otherwise noted)1.
CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
That the Planning and Environment Committee confirm the Minutes of the Meeting of 13 June 2000.
1. CITY OF GLOUCESTER OFFICIAL PLAN AMENDMENT 31 - REQUEST BY URBANDALE CORPORATION FOR COMMERCIAL USE AT THE NORTHEAST QUADRANT OF RIVER ROAD AND ARMSTRONG ROAD IN THE SOUTH URBAN CENTRE
That the Planning and Environment Committee recommend that Council approve Gloucester Official Plan Amendment 31 and request the Regional Clerk to issue the ‘Notice of Decision’ attached as Annex A.
2. PUBLIC MEETING TO CONSIDER DRAFT REGIONAL
OFFICIAL PLAN AMENDMENT 11 - Rideau-Carleton RACEWAY SERVICE CONNECTIONS
That, having held a public meeting, the Planning and Environment Committee recommend that Council enact a bylaw to adopt draft Regional Official Plan Amendment 11 to the 1997 Regional Official Plan, attached as Annex A to this report.
3. PUBLIC MEETING TO CONSIDER DRAFT REGIONAL
OFFICIAL PLAN AMENDMENT 13 - CARLSBAD SPRINGS WATER SUPPLY SERVICE AREA - ADDITION OF PARTS OF FARMERS WAY AND SIXTH LINE ROAD, CITY OF gLOUCESTER
1. That, having held a public meeting, the Planning and Environment Committee recommend that Council enact a by-law to adopt Regional Official Plan Amendment 13 to the 1997 Regional Official Plan, attached as Annex A to this report, as amended by the following:
a) That ROPA 13 include the extension of the Regional Water mains in the Greater Carlsbad Springs area to include the entire length of Farmers Way between 8th Line Road and 9th Line Road;
2. That staff be directed to prepare a report on possible equitable financing scenarios for funding the water main between 8th Line Road and 9th Line Road; and
3. That staff be directed to: do an analysis of the Carlsbad Springs water system to identify the positive and negative impacts of extending a water main along Farmers Way between 8th Line Road and 9th Line Road; and discuss options for future development along the water system.
CARRIED as amended
4. APPEAL TO THE ONTARIO MUNICIPAL BOARD
DECISION BY RURAL ALLIANCE SEVERANCE
COMMITTEE RA-53/2000 - (STEPHENSON)
That the Planning and Environment Committee recommend that Council instruct staff to withdraw the appeal to the Ontario Municipal Board on severance RA-53/2000 (Stephenson).
CARRIED as amended
5 WILDLIFE PROTECTION DURING CONSTRUCTION
That this item be deferred to the Planning and Environment Committee meeting of 11 July 2000.
Information Previously Distributed
1. Inquiry - Planning and Environment Committee - 28 March 2000
(PEC No. 17-00 - Green Map for Canada’s Capital)