REGIONAL TRANSIT COMMISSION
MINUTES OF MEETING
The Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission met at Haydon Hall, Regional Headquarters, 111 Lisgar Street, Ottawa, on Wednesday, 8 March 2000.
The meeting was called to order at 4:34 p.m. with Commission Chair Al Loney presiding.
ALL MEMBERS WERE PRESENT EXCEPT COMMISSIONERS MCGOLDRICK-LARSEN, BEAMISH, MEILLEUR AND STEWART.
CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
The minutes of the Regular Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission meeting of 9 February 2000 were confirmed.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST ARISING FROM PRIOR MEETINGS OF THE COMMISSION AND THE TRANSIT SERVICES COMMITTEE
No declarations of interest were filed.
The following members of the Commission advising that they will be absent from Commission and Committee meetings during the dates indicated:
Commissioner M. McGoldrick-Larsen 6 -10 March 2000
Commissioner W. Stewart 8 March 2000
MOTION TO INTRODUCE COMMITTEE REPORTS
MOTION NO. TC-4
Moved by Commissioner R. van den Ham
Seconded by Commissioner B. Hill
RESOLVED THAT Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Services Committee Report No. 00-19 be received and considered.
OTTAWA-CARLETON REGIONAL TRANSIT SERVICES COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 00-19
1. Effect Of Bill 25 On The Operation Of Transit Service
That the Transit Commission receive this report for information.
2. Granting Of Authority To Operate Sightseeing Services -
Committee Recommendation as Amended
That the Transit Commission charge those persons operating sightseeing services within the Regional Area an annual fee of $2,000 per vehicle to a maximum of $10,000 per operator of a sightseeing service, and that instalment payments, with interest, be permitted.
3. Request By Casino Shuttle Services
Committee Recommendations as Amended
1. That the Transit Commission authorize the General Manager to enter into an agreement on behalf of the Commission whereby 1029979 Ontario Inc. (a division of which operates as Casino Shuttle Services) will be allowed to operate a shuttle bus service taking passengers to and from downtown hotels and specified east and west end locations and the Rideau Carleton Raceway & Slots Facility under the terms and conditions set out in this report.
2. That the contract be for a one-year period, rather than for the three-year period recommended in the report.
MOTION NO. TC-5
Moved by Commissioner J. Legendre
Seconded by Commissioner C. Doucet
RESOLVED THAT Recommendation 2 of Item 3 of Transit Services Committee Report No. 00-19 be amended to provide for a 3-year period.
"LOST" on a division of 7 NAYS to 6 YEAS as follows:
NAYS: Commissioners Kreling, Davis, Byrne, Holmes, Bellemare, Chiarelli and Chair Loney 7
YEAS: Commissioners Hunter, Legendre, Hill, Cantin, Doucet and van den Ham 6
Item 3 of Transit Services Committee Report No. 00-19 was then put to the Commission and "CARRIED".
MOTION TO ADOPT COMMITTEE REPORTS
MOTION NO. TC-6
Moved by Commissioner B. Hill
Seconded by Commissioner R. van den Ham
RESOLVED THAT Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Services Committee Report No. 00-19 be received and adopted.
MOTION NO. TC-7
Moved by Commissioner R. Cantin
Seconded by Commissioner L. Davis
RESOLVED THAT By-law 2 of 2000 to confirm the proceedings of the Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission be enacted and passed.
BY-LAW ENACTED AND PASSED.
The Commission meeting was adjourned at 4:44 p.m.