Corporate Services and Economic Development Committee Agenda
21 March 2000
** NOTE: COUNCIL WILL BE ASKED TO WAIVE THE PROCEDURES BY-LAW AT ITS MEETING ON WEDNESDAY, 22 MARCH 2000, IN ORDER TO CONSIDER THE APPLICABLE REPORT CONTAINED IN THIS AGENDA
CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
That the Corporate Services and Economic Development Committee confirm the Regular and Confidential Minutes of the 07 March 2000 meeting.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER / ECONOMIC AFFAIRS
1. OTTAWA LIFE SCIENCES COUNCIL (OLSC) REQUEST FOR GRANT **
- Executive Director, Economic Affairs, report dated 13 Mar 00 01
That the Corporate Services and Economic Development Committee recommends and Regional Council approve a one-time grant of $95,000 to the Ottawa Life Sciences Council to support their operations for the year 2000.
ENVIRONMENT AND TRANSPORTATION
2. WOODROFFE AVENUE SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS cHANGE IN SCOPE - CONTRACT NO. ETL99-6046
- Environment and Transportation Commissionerís report dated 25 Feb 00 07
That the Corporate Services and Economic Development Committee and Council approve an increase in Contract ETL99-6046 for the provision of additional engineering services to Stantec Consulting Limited, Ottawa, in the amount of $40,018, bringing the revised contract total to $257,763.
3. ALVIN HEIGHTS PULLBACK SEWER REPLACEMENT CONTRACT NO. 98-203
- Environment and Transportation Commissionerís report dated 18 Feb 00 10
That the Corporate Services and Economic Development Committee and Council approve:
1. The award of Contract No. 98-203 to Taggart Construction Ltd., Ottawa, for the replacement of the Alvin Heights Pullback Sewer and RCAF Forcemain replacement, for a contract provision of $3,091,990;
2. The increase to the budget authority from $2,270,000 to $3,650,000 in Internal Order No. 900231, Alvin Heights/Rockcliffe Air Base Sewer Area Study;
3. The transfer of funds in the amount of $1,380,000 from Internal Order No.900234, Collector Sewers Rehabilitation Program to Internal Order No. 900231 Alvin Heights/Rockcliffe Air Base Sewer Area Study.
4. REGIONAL RADIO COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM CONTRACT EXTENSION
- Environment and Transportation Commissionerís report dated 14 Mar 00 14
That the Corporate Services and Economic Development and Council approve a contract extension to Kevin B. Nauss and Associates, Kanata, to provide engineering contract co-ordination and system design services in the amount of $150,000, bringing the total contract provision up to $500,000.
5. DISPOSITION OF SINKING FUND SURPLUS AND DISCONTINUANCE OF LEVY
- Finance Commissionerís report dated 06 Mar 00 17
That the Corporate Services and Economic Development Committee recommend Council approve:
1. The distribution of a sinking fund surplus in the amount of $620,691.10, in respect of by-law 167 of 1989, be distributed to the City of Ottawa and that the surplus amount be used in accordance with Section 116 (44.1) of the Regional Municipalities Act;
2. The discontinuance of the final sinking fund levy, in the amount of $2,500,000.00 to be made on June 25, 2001 in respect of the debentures authorized under by-law 126 of 1991 in accordance with Section 116 (42) of the Regional Municipalities Act R.8.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICE
6. PURCHASE OF SYSTEMS SUPPORT SERVICES FOR SAP
- Executive Director, Information Technology Office, report dated 13 Mar 00 22
That the Corporate Services and Economic Development Committee, and Council approve:
7. OVERBROOK-FORBES COMMUNITY RESOURCE CENTRE **
RENOVATIONS FUNDING REQUEST
- Social Services Commissionerís report dated 29 Feb 00 26
That the Corporate Services and Economic Development Committee recommend Council approve a one-time grant from the Region Wide Capital Reserve Fund in the amount of $270,000 towards renovation costs associated with the move of Overbrook-Forbes Community Resource Centre.
INFORMATION PREVIOUSLY DISTRIBUTED
1. RECORD OF TENDER OPENINGS JANUARY AND FEBRUARY 2000
(AS PER CORPORATE POLICY MANUAL SECTION 4.6.6)
- Regional Clerkís memorandum dated 02 Mar 00
NEXT MEETING 04 April 2000