CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
That the Community Services Committee confirm the Minutes of the meeting of 29 October 1998 and the Revised Minutes of the meeting of 15 October 1998.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
1. ASSOCIATION OF LOCAL PUBLIC HEALTH AGENCIES (ALPHA)
CONFERENCE: "THE FUTURE IS NOW"
- Committee Co-ordinatorís report dated 02 Nov 98 and attachments 01
That the Community Services Committee approve the attendance of a member or members at the ALPHA Conference, to be held in Toronto on Friday, 4 Dec 98.
2. INDEPENDENT AUDIT OF AMBULANCE RESPONSE TIMES
- Medical Officer of Health report dated 10 Nov 98 08
That Community Services Committee recommend Council receive this report for information.
3. SUCCESS BY SIX: A PREVENTION/EARLY INTERVENTION
INITIATIVE FOR OTTAWA-CARLETON
- Social Services Commissioner/Medical Officer of Health joint report
dated 2 Nov 98 28
That the Community Services Committee recommend Council approve that $50,000 be allocated from Social Services 1998 National Child Benefit (NCB) savings on a one-time basis for the development of a Community Action Plan for an early intervention initiative in Ottawa-Carleton.
4. IMPLICATIONS OF THE
MULTILATERAL AGREEMENT ON INVESTMENTS
- Committee Co-ordinatorís report dated 01 Nov 98 31
- Deputy Regional Solicitorís report dated 26 Oct 98
(Response to CSC Inquiry No. 11(98)
That the Community Services Committee receive this report for information.
INFORMATION PREVIOUSLY DISTRIBUTED
1. PROVINCIAL OFFENCE CONVICTIONS IN FOOD ESTABLISHMENTS
- Director, Environmental Health/Communicable Disease Control Division memorandum dated 15 Oct 98
- Medical Officer of Health memorandum dated 3 Nov 98
03 December 1998