CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
That the Community Services Committee confirm the Minutes of the meeting of 16 July 1998.
- Co-ordinator, Community Services Committee report dated 20 Aug 98 01
That the Community Services Committee approve the attendance of Councillors D. Holmes and M. McGoldrick-Larsen at the 49th Annual OPHA Conference to be held in Barrie, Ontario, from November 2nd to November 4th, 1998.
2. SEXUAL HEALTH EDUCATION FOR GRADES 7 TO 9
- Medical Officer of Health report dated 18 Aug 98 02
- Response to Motion CSC 04(98)
That the Community Services Committee receive this report for information.
3. REVIEW OF LANGUAGES OF LIFE INC. FUNDING REQUEST
- Social Services Commissionerís report dated 3 Aug 98 07
That the Community Services Committee approve the Social Services Department recommendation that no funding be allocated to Languages of Life Inc. for 1998.
4. SOMALI CENTRE FOR FAMILY SERVICES
- Commissioner, Social Services report dated 10 Aug 98 12
That the Community Services Committee recommend Council approve:
1. That funding in the amount of $30,000 be allocated for 1998 to support the Somali Centre for Family Services to maintain its counselling and personal support services, on a one-time basis only.
2. That the funding come from the savings from Child Tax Benefit implemented in August, 1998.
3. That the Social Services Department work with the Somali Centre for Family Services to identify ways of obtaining sustaining funding.
- Community Services Committee Co-ordinatorís report dated
26 Aug 98 and attachment 16
For Committee discussion.
17 September 1998